Sunday, May 24, 2009

24 May 2009

“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.”
- Chinese proverb

WOD: Rest Day.

The last of a injury induced "rest week." Five consecutive days off. But I'm training tomorrow! I'd say I've got 98% range of motion in my neck. Still a little tight when I turn my head all the way left... but I'm confident I can get back at it.

I ate well the whole time... OK most of the time. There were three exceptions. I drank a lot Friday and Saturday night. Being the Spartan Challenge, I should have been more disciplined... but I failed. There is never a "good" excuse, but I had fun. Friday night a lot of folks went out to celebrate Lance's birthday, and Saturday my friend Mike graduated from UT law school. Discipline Fail number three was the ice cream sandwich at Cuatros I had tonight watching Lebron and company lose game three... By "ice cream sandwich" I mean a large scoop of Mexican vanilla sandwiched by chocolate-chip cookies. It was outstanding!

My undisciplined streak ends now though. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm ready to get back to feeling great and training hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment