Friday, November 13, 2009

moving down the road

"The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Once you know where you want to be, it's just a matter of getting there. Unfortunately, that's where trouble hits most of us. We get complacent, frustrated at pace of progress or lack thereof, and so on...

I stumbled on this short list last year, and it's helped keep me on track, and reminded me to get my ass back there when I strayed...

1. define your goal - decide "what you want"
2. visualize the accomplishment of your goal - create and image or set of images that embody getting or becoming what you want
3. develop a plan - chart your course to that goal - map specific steps to getting what you want
4. act on "three things" - consistently work on a small number of action items that can be accomplished in three days / three weeks / three months / three years
5. maintain focus on your goal - revisit numbers 1 through 4 on a regular basis - about every three days

Right now my short term focus is healing the muscle strain in my lower back... and the end of that road is in sight!

Then I'm gonna blaze a new trail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment