Friday, March 12, 2010

12 March 2010

WOD @ CrossFit Central
"for time"
200 meter run
15 American kettlebell swings @ 2 pood
15 wall ball @ 20lbs medicine ball
200 meter run
15 American kettlebell swings
15 wall ball
200 meter run
15 American kettlebell swings
15 wall ball
200 meter run

My time was 11:30 rx'd. I got frustrated because I felt I was moving too slow by the start of the second round of KB swings, and since I was thinking about moving too slowly instead of focusing on each rep... I ended up moving too slowly. Ahhh the power of the mind. It sucks in when you realize what you've done to yourself! Lesson learned. From now on I'm going to be more disciplined with my thoughts/self-talk during a workout.

It turns out I got to put that lesson learned into practice immediately!

WOD 2
find your max height box jump

We were allowed only one step, no running start - and then just jump! Garth got an awesome 49.5" box jump in the class before us, so I was pumped up for this! This was truly a mental game, you couldn't allow any doubt in at all. Hell, you can't even think about not having doubts. It may sound trite, but I just kept saying "I can do this" in my head and quickly visualizing the completed jump, and you know what? I did it!

I got a 50" box jump!

Then in the wonderful way that CrossFit builds you up, but doesn't let your ego run wild, Charles came in to the class right after us and leaped to 53"! Talk about awesome to see! Great job Charles!

This morning I learned a powerful lesson, and what followed felt like play time! Love it!

Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment