Friday, December 18, 2009

18 December 2009

On my drive to the gym this morning I realized how anxious I was to get back at it, and see what I could do after a lesson learned the hard way on Wednesday...

WOD at CrossFit Central
AMRAP in 20 minutes:
3 handstand push-ups
6 dumbbell cleans @ 45lbs DB
9 pull-ups

I completed 9 rounds scaled to 35lbs DBs. I felt great out the outset and ripped through 4 rounds in the first 5 minutes! Then I was gassed and huffed and puffed my way through the rest. Not a stellar performance overall, but I corrected my errors from Wednesday. I was fully warmed up by the time we started the workout, I scaled the DBs to 35#, and was prepared to scale further if my back started bothering me. It didn't! Rolling out with my Trigger Point set 4 times Wednesday, and 3 times yesterday had a lot to do with that. I also ate clean (save one muscle-milk shake) and got plenty of sleep.

It's amazing how quickly your body can recover, if you give it what it needs! It really is all about keeping good habits. I've let my discipline slip over the last several weeks, and I've paid for it. No more. The "holidays" for me will be training days. My dumbbells and kettlebell will go where I go this Christmas.

Aristotle said: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."

I'm going to spend the Christmas holiday reacquiring positive habits.

One habit I will be focused on is using my Trigger Point set every day. BTW, I recently stumbled on the Trigger Point blog. You will recognize a CrossFit Central coach in a recent post over there. Good stuff. Go check it out.

It's Friday y'all! Have a safe and fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment