Tuesday, February 8, 2011

we make ourselves

"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”
~ Miyamoto Musashi


I'm baaa-ack! So I got called out today on my recent lack of blog posts. I don't even have an excuse like two jobs anymore! That's right kids - I resigned my office office gig and last week was it! I'm focusing on building my skills as a coach. Recently I've been sleeping more than 4-5 hours a night, and it's glorious! Glorious. As for blogging, I've just been lazy. More soon...

Today was my double-workout day at the REDBLACK GYM.

GarageGymRX w/coach Mike Winchester

Ingrid's Birthday burpee-pullups (25)! Happy Birthday Gretchen!

WARMUP
100 double-unders
25 deck sit-ups @ 1.5 pood KB
25 swings @ 1.5 pood KB
15 squats
15 push-ups
100 double-unders

WOD
for time:
800 meter run, 5 handstand-pushups, 5 muscle-ups
25 GHD hip extension
25 box jump
25 toes-to-bar
25 games standard push-ups (hand off floor at bottom)
25 squats
25 swings @ 1.5 pood KB
400 meter run, 5 handstand-pushups, 5 muscle-ups

20:12 rx'd

SWOD w/coach Travis Holley
WARM-UP
2 rounds:
10 renegade rows
10 sandbag complex
10 bridge-ups
10 dual KB deadlift, focus on "active-lat"

MEAT
sumo deadlift
10x2 @ 60% deadlift 1RM (3 count down-1 count up)

POTATOES
3 rounds:
10 right leg weighted step-up
10 lef leg weighted step-up
10 DB floor press- floor wipers
heavy prowler sprint (high bar)
20 plyo-pushups

Stay tuned. More one the way... I promise. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment