Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday 06 July 2010

Woke up sore... again. The "hurts to move" kinda sore. Yesterday's tabata deadlifts rocked my world. Got in some foam roller work before class and warm-ed up well albeit slowly, then got into what should have been a quick workout.

WOD
3 rounds for time:
20 kettlebell swing @ 1 pood
20 kettlebell snatch
20 kettlebell clean
400 meter run

DNF. I had to stop after round 2. My hamstrings, butt and lower back were not happy even after the warm-up, and in the middle of round 2 my lower back got really tight. I felt bad for stopping mid-workout, but going on would have just been stupid and inviting injury. So, with some pointers from Jeremy I did some more foam roller work while the rest of the guys finished the WOD a got a short breather.

I then jumped back into class to see how I could do with today's strength work...

STRENGTH
dumbbell split-jerk
5-5-5-5-5

35lb DBs-40-45-50-50

Not bad! I've never really done the split-jerk before, but the technique and the weights felt solid. Nice to end on an up note.

Just gotta keep rolling out my back...

Big Mike is back with his latest Tasty F'ing Meal!

Visit sicfit.com for more Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment