Wednesday, August 4, 2010

two years of CrossFit

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind."
- William James

I was talking with Jacob and Mark after our workout today when I remembered that it was August 4th. Today marks two years since I started training at CrossFit Central.

Yeah I'm stronger and I've learned and gotten better at many of the myriad of physical skills that crossfit demands, but the most significant change I've made has been mental. Whether it's looking forward to all the challenges that life brings or that I'm searching out, or just enjoying the effort that "Helen" demands, it is thanks to all the outstanding people that crossfit has introduced me to (both coaches and athletes) and the examples that they've provided in how they live and train. Thanks y'all.

Today at SICFIT Austin we worked the hang clean and finished with "Helen."

SKILL
hang clean complex
3 sets of:
5 shrug only
5 dip to pockets
5 dip to top of the knees

Good stuff, getting better at losing my exaggerated hip extension and faster elbows...

WOD
"Helen"
3 rounds for time:
400 meter run
21 kettlebell swings @ 1.5 pood
12 pullups

9:30 @ 50lbs dumbbell. PR by 9 seconds!

James OPT Fitzgerald's sub-7 minute "Helen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment