Tuesday, September 14, 2010

humidity and an attitude lesson

Holy humidity Batman! Warming up when it's crazy humid and 93 degrees Fahrenheit outside didn't leave me with that warm-fuzzy feeling, it was more of a hot-sticky and blah kinda thing. I actually felt good once we started the workout though...

WOD
4 rounds for time:
one lap inside gym, overhead walking lunge steps @ 20kg KB
5 man-makers (1 rep = holding DBs: pushup, row R-L, clean to thruster) @ 40lbs DBs
5 strict pullups

16:14 rx'd

Man-makers took up most of my time, and kept my heart-rate jacked. Tough one! After a short break we finished up by running some sprint drills.

I also got an impromptu attitude lesson today. Right before heading out I was talking with Chris Hartwell when JDP asked us if we already had or could clean the 175lbs sandbag. I said that I didn't think I could do it, my max front squat being 165, but that I'd give it a try. I didn't make it. JDP then pointed out that my attitude was negative before I'd even attempted the lift. By deciding it was "too heavy" beforehand, I was setting myself up to fail. So being called out - I readjusted my grip, and cleaned and shouldered the bag! Do or do not. There is no try. Lesson learned. Thanks John!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment