Monday, January 24, 2011

stubbornly persist

"Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits."
~ Robert Brault

This morning, after warming up with rowing and handstand walk practice, I did strength work.

STRENGTH
back squat
Wendler cycle 1, week 3
Set 1 75% x 5 @ 155lbs
Set 2 85% x 3 @ 175lbs
Set 3 95% x 1+ @ 195lbs (completed 7 reps)

Not bad, but not great. Thought I'd get 9 reps...


I also had an appointment with Dr. Sam Sneed today. If you are like me, and have a minor nagging "shoulder tweak," you shouldn't always try to work through it - sometimes you gotta go see a pro like Sam! He'll get you fixed up! He also found, and worked on some hip issues I have (and didn't even realize existed). Now I'm feeling great! What I call hip issues is really super tight psoas and front hip flexors, which over time have helped prevent my glut medius muscles from firing when I squat. Which means that I'm currently only scraping the surface of my lifting potential! Next level indeed! Stay tuned for more PRs!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment