Monday, June 8, 2009

08 June 2009

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them; a desire, a dream, a vision."
- Muhammad Ali

WOD: Rest Day.

For some reason I've been accident prone lately. It's all been minor clumsiness like dropping things, bumping into doors, and one spectacularly missed box jump... until yesterday afternoon on Lake Austin. I've been around boats long enough to know better but, I was stupid for a couple of seconds and let my right foot get between a wake-tossed boat and the wood dock... ouch.

All things considered I was lucky. I saw it coming, but my ninja-like reflexes weren't quite up to the task... I ended up with a smashed big toe. Of course if I actually had ninja-like reflexes I wouldn't be whining about my big toe injury. Anyway, nothing is broken, just some bleeding and swelling, and the doc says I may or may not lose the nail. Either way, for the next couple of days I'm resting.

On the upside, I'll get some more reading in!

2 comments:

  1. That kinda stuff always happens to me when I have PMS... dropsy and clumsy and smashy into door frames. Got some hormones you wanna talk about?!

    ;-)

    Sorry about your toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played Mel, well played... ;)

    ReplyDelete