Tuesday, June 30, 2009

30 June 2009

I rolled down to Clarke Field on UT campus this morning for a workout with the regular Tuesday crew.

WOD: with Austin Unscared
Start with one round (4 minutes, 8 sets) of tabata squats, your highest scoring set = "x"
"x" = your rep count for the WOD

"3 rounds for time"
x dumbell thrusters
3 ten meter sprints
x dumbell swings
3 ten meter sprints
x renegade rows

Felt good on the warm-up, legs still sore from "Angie" but oh well... got a high score of 20 on tabata squats. So for me, x = 20. My legs were starting to complain, but I was thinking "nice round number, lets do this..." HA! Then the pain ensued! With 40 lbs DBs I completed one round, plus the thrusters, swings, and 2 renegade rows of the second round at the twenty minute time cap! Yeah it was a tough workout, but I took too long on this one today. I didn't stay with it mentally... I cupcaked.


cup⋅cake [khup-keyk] adjective 1) to wimp out 2) giving in to the pain

See also: Dutch Lowy on feeling sorry for yourself. I tell you what though, I didn't gaze longingly at those damn dumbells!

No comments:

Post a Comment