Tuesday, June 9, 2009

09 June 2009

"Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart give yourself to it."
- Buddha

WOD: Rest Day.

Still limping around like a goofball...

Some GREAT news: the new Trigger Point foam roller is available! It's called "The Grid" and it's an excellent recovery product. In late April Cassidy and crew came to CrossFit Central and let some classes try 'em! I was in class that day, and got to play! There isn't a better foam roller on the market.



Go get one at: tptherapy.com/the_grid.php

Since I've rested the last two days, I'm reading more. I finished an interesting book today...


"Warrior Politics" by Robert Kaplan was a good but I think awkwardly named book. Quite thought provoking though, it's mostly about using the lessons of ancient history to guide American foreign policy. A quick read, if you're into the subject matter. He covers a lot: Churchill, Machiavelli, Kant, Hume, even Roman emperor Tiberius! It's a book that I think will challenge your notions of idealist and pragmatist politics, no matter where you stand on the spectrum.

Now in the on deck circle, I'm going to read something light and escapist!

No comments:

Post a Comment