Friday, January 8, 2010

08 January 2010

The temp, according to my trusty Jeep, was 25 degrees Fahrenheit this morning when I parked at the gym. The good news: the roll-up doors were rolled down! So we had a nice warm gym to play in... tip 'o the hat to the 5:30AM classes for warming things up for us 6:30 folks! And y'all thought sleeping in was all about beauty rest? Sometimes laziness pays off ;)

WOD @ CrossFit Central
10 rounds for time:
10 KB power clean @ 1.5 pood
10 KB American swing @ 1.5 pood
10 jumping squats
10 box jumps @ 24" box

In twenty minutes I completed 7 rounds + 5 KB cleans as rx'd. Still feeling sluggish during WODs. Time to up my fat intake methinks... Upside: my back felt good today, only really noticed it once towards the end, and once I corrected my form, was good to go. TriggerPoint two times a day is paying off (a habit I intend to keep all of 2010)! This workout was fun in that your-heart-rate-only-goes-down-when-its-over kind of way.

Happy Friday y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Aaron. Are the KB cleans one arm at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of the 5:30 am-ers, you're welcome! Believe me the gym was freezing when we got there. Glad I get to see you on Fridays now!

    And Mel, yes. We could split them up any way we wanted, 10 total.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel- You got it, most of us did 5 cleans left arm, then 5 right.

    Lisa- Great to see ya this morning! Welcome to Friday AM classes - where all the cool kids are ;)

    ReplyDelete