Friday, September 4, 2009

04 September 2009

WOD: @ CrossFit Central
"3 rounds for time"
400 meter run
15 squat-cleans @ 155lbs

My time was 22:33 scaled to 135lbs. I completed 1 round + 9 squat-cleans, and then started failing reps like it was going out of style... what sucks is my technique felt great: flat back, shins vertical, good speed, big shrug, elbows around fast, I was catching the bar smooth, elbows up, I just couldn't stand up out of the frickin squat. I'd fail rep after rep after rep. If the workout had been static front-squat holds, I'd have smoked it! Anyway, I kept on failing reps until the sometime in 19th minute when Lance (taking what had to be pity on me) said to switch to power-cleans. I finished the remaining 6 reps of round two and all of round three in the next 3-ish minutes with power-cleans (pulling from the ground).

What I learned today:
1) Power-cleans are waaaay easier than squat-cleans, even when you're smoked.
2) Leg strength is still my biggest weakness.
3) When you look at a WOD and think: "That doesn't look too bad." It is bad... really really bad.

Happy Friday y'all! Phew... what a week.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you need a good old fashion rest weekend. lots of sleep and good food for two days should fix this right up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer WOD today! You showed a TON of heart today. And you're right...all the technique was there. It was just a brutal workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all. Rest weekend here I come!!

    ReplyDelete