Wednesday, June 2, 2010

garage gym training!

Today I met up with 4 guys and coach Jeremy Thiel for the first day of classes at SICFIT Austin. While I'm gonna miss seeing the early morning crew at CrossFit Central, this is the kind of training I need right now!

Day one was great, in fact I'm even more pumped up about it than when I walked in this morning. This is definitely going to hit my weaknesses!

STRENGTH
shoulder press
3-3-3-3-3

95-105-105F(1 rep)-95-105F(2 reps)

GYMNASTICS
3x max effort with approx. 1 minute rest interval
ring dips/ring push-ups

24/14
11/10
8/6

WOD
3 rounds for time:
15 kettlebell power swing
5 burpee
25m (estimate?) kettlebell carry

3:48 @ 1.5 pood

My shoulder press numbers obviously need work, but the rest felt pretty good! The burpees weren't as easy following all the ring work... didn't have that usual "pop" coming up off the floor. Good stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron! Isn't Sicfit Austin cool? I'm in Zach's 6:15 class over there.

    I stole your logo for the gym for my blog - hope that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lory! Thanks for reading! Yeah I'm already having a blast at SFA! I'm in the 6:30AM class.

    No worries about the logo, I stole it off their blog and did a quick edit ;)

    ReplyDelete