Sunday, June 20, 2010

rolling with the Patriot Guard

Yesterday I had the honor of attending the memorial services for United States Air Force Pararescueman TSgt Michael P. Flores, in the company of the Patriot Guard Riders.

I'm just going to say that it was a privilege to be there. Thank you to the Patriot Guard Riders for putting up with a "cage driver" in their midst! Yesterday was a day I'll never forget.

I've never attended a service with full military honors before. There was the honor guard that moved with polished precision, the sharp report of the rifle salute, and the all-encompassing roar of the missing man formation flyby....

It was a moving experience to say the least.

TechSgt Michael P. Flores was a 31 year old husband and father of two. As a "7-level" Pararescueman he was qualified to lead any mission PJs could be called upon to undertake. He truly was one of the best of the best.


The Pararescue creed:

It is my duty as a Pararescueman to save life and to aid the injured. I will be prepared at all times to perform my assigned duties quickly and efficiently, placing these duties before personal desires and comforts. These things I do,
"That Others May Live."

No comments:

Post a Comment