Monday, July 13, 2009

13 July 2009

"It is time for all of us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever - the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it."
- Vince Lombardi

Congratulations to all the competitors from CrossFit Central on everything you achieved at the 2009 CrossFit Games! Y'all rock!

Carey Kepler is the 2009 3rd fittest woman in the world!
Lindsey Smith was 5th.
Crystal McReynolds was 9th.
Jeremy Thiel finished 16th.
Lance Cantu was 34th.
The CrossFit Central Affiliate team took 2nd out of 90+ teams!

Today's WOD: Rest Day!

12 July's WOD:
"5 rounds for time"
9 barbell hang squat cleans
3 rope climbs (legless)

DNF. In 29:59 I completed: 2 rounds as rx'd, the 3rd round using my legs on the rope climbs, and rounds 4 and 5 with only 1 rope climb per round. Simply one of the toughest workouts I've done in awhile! My grip was gone after two rounds! I scaled the squat cleans down to 115 lbs, and they became the easy part. I will be back for this WOD again... with heavier weight and all the rope climbs legless!

No comments:

Post a Comment