Thursday, July 23, 2009

23 July 2009

WOD: with Austin Unscared
"4 rounds for time"
400 meter run
50 squats

14:47 rx'd. Sadly that's an improved time for me on that WOD. Jassin smoked me on this one! Leg strength is still my (biggest) weakness. Well, that and HSPU...

Here's a good read for those of us inclined to get a little obsessed with our CrossFit performance (that's me).

“Give It A Rest”
Written by Mike Hom

I recently returned from a 3-week vacation full of sunshine, adventure and relaxation. I didn’t get a chance to train very much, which initially had me over the edge the first week – amazing to think withdrawals from training could really occur in these circumstances. But as the trip neared the end of the second week, I finally got around to doing some bodyweight stuff while my buddies were sleeping off the previous days’ activities. As I was doing some post-WOD mobilization, I was thinking to myself that while it was good to get in some training, I was glad that it had not been sitting in the back of my mind the entire time. In fact, I nearly forgot about working out while I was ziplining, riding elephants, and doing whatever else we tourists were doing.

By the end of the trip, I could count the number of times I trained with one hand and still have some fingers left over. Did I feel any worse? No. Did I lose some of my fitness? Most likely. Did I have an awesome trip with friends and make great memories? Sure did! Even better, I came back feeling refreshed and ready to do work at the gym after being gone from my CF family.
It’s great to be an animal in the gym and let a good portion of your life revolve around increasing your fitness, living healthy, and sharing your experiences with like-minded individuals, but don’t let it dictate your life.


Read the rest of it at the CrossFit Invictus blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment